Tuesday 3 January 2012

First day back at work (Janathon day 3)

I didn't sleep very well on Monday night. Partly due to my brain working overtime and partly due to the ferocious wind and rain that was lashing at my window all night.

The last few days of the seasonal lights

The good thing is that it didn't affect my running plans the following morning... that's because I had already scrapped them the night before when I realised the chances of me getting out of bed at five-silly-something after having two-and-half weeks worth of lie ins were so slim that I'd only have to come up with a new plan on the day. And I do like to be organised.

So off I went to work and got on the miserable train full of miserable people (including myself) who were most probably all going through the same thing as I was (probably minus the Janathon thing).

At work I took one look at my overflowing email account and just decided that the easiest thing to do would be to hold my finger down on the delete button until all my problems had disappeared. In retrospect it probably wasn't the most sensible thing to do, but I've now emptied my deleted items folder. I'm ok with it.

I have a strange set-up with regards to where my belongings live. For example my dumb bells live in my Dad's flat, which is conveniently located just across the road from work. So I headed over there for part one of my Janathon-day-3 workout.

Weights Session: (2 x 6kg dumb bells)
  • Shoulder Press
  • Arm Curls
  • Triceps extensions
  • Bent over rows

Technically Janathon-day-three was complete. However, my personal goal for Janathon is to run every day of the month. So when I arrived home after a very nice sleep* on the second miserable train of the day I changed into my running kit.

I headed out into the dark for a very short stretching of the legs. Or maybe it was a stretching of the short legs. Either way, I ran. Oh, and it was longer than I had intended.

5.2km (27 minutes)


* It may have involved snoring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...