On daily basis I am generally doing the following:
The routine for a run is
- Warm up approx 10-15 minutes (Leg Swings etc / pigeon pose)
- Cool Down approx 10-15 minutes (Stretches / Foam Rolling / pigeon pose)
At various points throughout the day I am doing
- Leg Abduction Exercises (just bodyweight, usually standing)
- Hip Hikes (not every day)
- Occasional pigeon pose
Then in the evening I am doing
- Foam Rolling (10-15 minutes)
- Pigeon Pose (Hold it for longer than at other times in the day)
Photo of me getting into the pigeon pose, when I feel ready I bring my torso all the way down to the floor for a really good stretch.
I'm sure everything is playing its part in helping, but since I started the pigeon pose I feel like my progress has stepped up a gear. In the pose I really feel a nice stretch in the glutes, it makes me wonder if my ITBS problem is simply caused by tight glute muscles. Probably too early to say for sure. Hopefully update 4 is full of more good news and progress.