Running is such a frustrating hobby. I just can't seem to get going without another new niggle popping up that prevents me from maintaining a decent stretch of training. Already in January I have had to cut short, move or cancel training sessions every single week, each usually with a completely different niggle to blame. I'm paying special attention to warming up (and down), stretching, hydration etc etc... but still the niggles keep coming..
- Calf (both legs)
- Hamstring (both legs)
- Groin (both legs)
- Pulled lower back (to be fair, not caused by running)
- Pain in the knee (again, not caused by running but by walking into a baby safety gate)
- Strange pin-like feelings in my foot
- Slight feelings of IT band pain
- an unidentified pain in the top/front of my left foot that hurts as I push off (walking and running)
I know we all have our niggles but I just felt the need to have a little whinge about them. All I'm trying to do is enjoy running - keeping relatively fit and healthy in the process, and run some races to the best of my ability. Apparently it's not as easy as it sounds.